To Log in for the first time
Go to the website: Tarpapilots.com or Tarpa.com
- At the HOME page select MEMBERS then select LOG IN.
- USER ID: Enter your Email address that you used for the old website DIRECTORY
- PASSWORD: Enter your old PASSPHRASE that you used in the old website.
- You should then see your PROFILE PAGE that shows your name in the upper right corner: “Howdy, Your Name”. Hover on that will bring up drop down menu that shows you name, user id or email address, Edit Profile, and Log Out. Click on Edit Profile and your profile page will appear. Here, you may change any item listed except the “USERNAME”.
- If you do not remember your old email address or your old passphrase go to the “Through the automatic emailer” instructions below. If that does not work then email the webmaster a valid current email address. email@example.com
To Change Your Password
To change your password in current versions:
- In the Edit Profile screen, scroll down to the New Password section and click Generate Password button. You will see a series of characters and numbers.
- This is your new “generated” password. Be sure to copy it down.
- If you want to change the automatically generated password, overwrite it with a new password in the box provided. The strength box will show how good (strong) your password is. Note: your password is “case sensitive” and is limited to 255 characters.
- Click the Update User button.
Your new password takes effect immediately.
Through the automatic emailer
If you know your username or the email account in your profile, you can use the “lost password” feature of the website.
- Go to you’re the Login page (something like http://tarpa.com/wp-login.php)
- Click on the Lost your password? link
- You will be taken to a page to put in some details. Enter your username or the email address on file for that account.
- Wait happily as your new password is emailed to you.
- Once you get your new password, login and change it to something you can remember on your profile page.
Note: your password is “case sensitive” and is limited to 255 characters.